Production Assistant (New Homes)
We are looking for a Production Assistant to be an integral part of our build process. This position assists the Project Managers in completing our construction process through organizing and helping to monitor the build projects.
The best candidate has a strong work ethic, is quality-oriented, client and outcome-focused, and will promote teamwork and collaboration in all interactions with internal team members, clients, and external partners. This role practices the Company’s values and uses honest, respectful, and professional communication.
- Monitor job sites and overall developments by maintaining a clean, safe, secure and healthy work environment, following and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Monitors and assists in ensuring high-quality sub-contractor’s performance.
- Prep construction site: ensure signage is in place for all projects, cleaning obstacles and hazards.
- Works with sub-contractors to ensure the job site is clean and presentable at all times during the project. Managing erosion control at job sites and overall development.
- Ensure that climate control is acceptable in project homes including working furnace, air conditioning and humidity control as required.
- Take on additional duties as directed by the Project Managers or Director of Operations.
- High School Diploma or GED, 2-year relevant vocational degree preferred.
- 0 – 2 years minimum relevant experience in the construction industry.
- Experience with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Builder-trend preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Valid driver’s license and insured vehicle required.
- Requires working outside 30% of the time, of that 20% in extreme temperatures.
- Medium work, exerting up to 50 lbs. of force.
- Excessive Noise 10% of the time.
- Exposure to safety and other hazards 30% of the time.
- Requires clarity of vision at 20 inches or less (near vision) and the ability to identify/distinguish colors.
- Requires finger dexterity, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.
- Significant work pace & pressure due to deadlines.
- Local travel 40%
Job Type: Full-time